Looking for high protein and almost no carbs, then try this bread, clouds float in the wind and are full of nothing, just like my bread, except for the protein, hence the shape and name.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes Makes: 10 breads
¼ tsp cream of tartar
3 eggs, separated
1 – 1gram packet artificial sweetener
3tbs whole milk cottage cheese, or cream cheese only
- Heat the stove to 300F.
- Separate the yolks from the white of the egg, making sure there is no yolk in it.
- Blend together the yolks and cheese with the sweetener, using a bowl.
- Use a separate bowl and beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar, they need to become fluffy and stiff.
- Now gently mix in the yolk mix to the beaten whites, be careful not to knock the whites flat.
- Spray grease 2 cookie trays, and ladle in 10 equal amounts, around 4 inches wide.
- Place in the center of the oven and cook for 30 minutes, just keep on eye on them as they could be longer or quicker, depending on your oven.
- Once ready take out and rest on a cooling rack.
- When they have cooled put into a Ziploc bag or container and leave for 24 hours.